Mega-Leecher

Don_k,
    Thanks for the info
    18 September 2016 - 03:58 / #21
  2. Offline

mathmathou

Mega-Leecher

Hello all,

I've been around on and off for a few months now but, as some names or resurfacing from the "good old days" at KAT, I feel the urge to say hello to all the friends I've been missing so much. Welcome here and thanks to Don_k for kind of "reuniting" us again.

Mathmathou from the DAZ3D thread on KAT

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free
    Linus Torvald

24 September 2016 - 00:59 / #22
  3. Offline

HarimauTua

Mega-Leecher

My Anti-virus program has been capturing and deleting a file called "Mal_Hifrm" every now and then when I click to close an advertisement pop-up. I think it is probably a false alarm as I have always trusted your group since your KAT days. Just what exactly is Mal_Hifrm?
    24 September 2016 - 03:06 / #23
  4. Offline

Don_k

It is probably a javascript Re-Direct. We ONLY get our ads through Yandex.ru, if the source is from somewhere else, like Google you have an infected Browser or are using Chrome which adds its' own Ads through Google Ad-Sense.

Install AdBlock Plus. It is available to IE, Chrome & FireFox users, for IE & Chrome, it is available on the Developers' Website, for FireFox users, it is in the Add-ons link in your Extensions Toolbox.

Don_k
    Super Moderator, Tutorial Author
    Former Author & Editor
    TopGFX & GFXru Moderating Team

24 September 2016 - 18:21 / #24
  5. Offline

HarimauTua

Mega-Leecher

Don_k,
    Thanks a lot. Will take your advice and install AdBlock Plus.
    Don_k like this post.
    25 September 2016 - 03:00 / #25
  6. Offline

MouseyPirate

Mega-Leecher

I'm from KAT too, I don't understand what a "mega leecher" is?
    27 September 2016 - 02:51 / #26
  7. Offline

Don_k

It just reflects on how many Uploads you have made. The Member Ranks are listed in the Pinned News article on the main page. The more you post, the higher your Rank goes, after you break out from the Mega-Leecher level, you also earn a larger PM box.

If you are interested in sharing any 3D related Content, Programs, plug-ins, or apps, I have a Posting Tutorial for the beginner and a second one on editing your posts if you need to update download links or add new Images. Like KAT, PxImg(https://pximg.xyz) is the current preferred Image Host

Don_k
    Former Author & Editor

27 September 2016 - 03:24 / #27
  8. Offline

rickiricardo

Mega-Leecher

been looking for months for the stuff on kat - finally found it - just by chance
    29 September 2016 - 20:31 / #28
  9. Offline

Don_k

We and KAT have been mutual sources for YEARS. If it was here first, it would be up on KAT in a few hours and the same situation reversed. We were known as the "Alternate Source" that didn't require cleaning up the archives.

Don_k
    Former Author & Editor

30 September 2016 - 02:37 / #29
  10. Offline

HarimauTua

Mega-Leecher

I actually got here by chance too.
    8 October 2016 - 10:57 / #30
: